Thursday, August 31, 2006

Personal radio station site

I've been meaning to post about this for over a week, but just now remembered when I was near a computer.

My friend, Phil Mason, recently sent me an e-mail about a great web site. Since I come from a family full of music lovers and most of my friends are as well, I figure maybe all of you would enjoy knowing about it as well!

The site is located at
www.pandora.com . It is a free site, but you will need to register your e-mail address and create a password. Once on the site, it will prompt you to put in either an artist name or a specific song that you enjoy. The website will then tailor a personal radio station to you. (If you put in a specific song, it will take a couple songs until they play it--some licensing issue or something.) You will be able to vote as to whether the song was something you enjoyed or not, and then from your input the station will pick songs to play that would be among the same musical genres. You are able to have up to 100 different stations, so I have some that are "Winfield" like, 60's rock, classical, piano, etc...

The best thing about it is that it is a constant stream of music that is always exposing you to new artists that you will most likely enjoy.

I hope that you all enjoy the site! I love it!

No comments: