Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Weekend workers



Yes, I realize that it isn't the weekend anymore, but I didn't have a chance to post this weekend, so you'll get it now.

Happy Labor Day to those of you fortunate enough to have had the day off. It was great to be able to spend a day somewhere besides the school environment.

On Friday after school, I packed up the cat, and headed for Hesston. There were a few amusing (now) things that happened before I reached Hesston. I needed to drop off a check at the bank on my way out of town, and while doing that, my cat decided to make a run for it. After several minutes trying to catch it, (and being the laughing stock for the bank employees that were plastered to the drive by window) I was about ready to leave it behind. Thankfully, when I pulled around the corner, Manje had decided that maybe her freedom wasn't all it was cracked up to be and allowed me to scoop her up and throw her into the car.

I spent the weekend enjoying the company of Mom and Dad in Hesston. While there we had several wonderful meals (thanks Dad for your smart shopping skills!), went to the Cosmosphere in Hutch for their new show "Lewis and Clark", ate at Anchor Inn (yummy, yummy), stained and sealed the new windows for the house, and started ripping siding off of the house. We didn't end up resting as much as we could have, but I enjoyed working beside mom and dad and spending time talking and laughing together. I'll try to get some of the pictures up later this evening.

I hope that you all had wonderful weekends as well!

No comments: