Saturday, September 23, 2006

27th Birthday, health and wealth...friends by the score


Well, today was my birthday. Yes, I'm now 27, and many people have reminded me of the fact that I'm nearing 30. Why is it the people insist on rounding up, instead of just letting you be the age you are?

Yesterday, one of my paras surprised me with a rose and card for my birthday. It is beautiful shade of purple, and has opened so big! After school, Kym and I went to get our hair cut and then out to eat. It's always an exciting day for me when I can get my hair cut! ;)


Today was very restful...I can't remember the last time that I wasn't rushing here and there on my birthday. I was actually able to take a nap (well, maybe not really...I had a few phone calls during the time that I was lying down), or at least lie down for awhile. Heidi called after I was up, and we were able to talk for about 40 min. It always makes me happy to hear from them. Tonight I went to the Tabor/Bethel FB game (very disappointing) and Dad and Mom treated me to BBQ chicken from Whitestone youth group. All in all, it was a great day.

Tomorrow we gather as a family at the reservoir again. I'm thinking it will probably be pretty cold, so bring your warm jackets and lots of fire wood! :)

No comments: