Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Reservoir Relaxation


The reservoir is a place that Heidi and I have spent many, many hours at. Mom and Dad brought us when we were small girls living in Marion, when we were slightly older and living in Lehigh, and when we moved to Hesston it was still a very special place for us to go. When Heidi and I went to college we continued to find time to go to the reservoir, either with our friends and parents for fun, or sometimes just by ourselves for some peace and quiet. Speaking for myself, I have many wonderful memories of times spent there: birthday celebrations with Elfie, swinging and playing with the Ogden girls, "skating" at midnight on the ice with friends from college, snipe hunting, family picnics...there are so many! This last weekend the Buller family gathered, as we do pretty frequently, at the Marion County Reservoir. It was a time for many celebrations--anniversaries, birthdays, and Adam's birth...

Some of the things I missed most when I was living in Germany, were the gatherings and the day to day parts of being a family. Knowing that this was the hardest thing for me, I guess I assume that this might also be a thing that Heidi and Tim will struggle with (although I may be wrong!) Although I can't do too many things to help, I do think that one way I can help is if I post as many pictures and day-to-day items as much as possible. Anyway, sorry to those of you who aren't interested in the following pictures!





"Nice to meet you, big guy!"
Adam Michael D. b. July 25, 2006

Mom looking chic with a new haircut! :)

It's a hard life being held all of the time!

The evening started out to be a very hot, humid Kansas evening, but a storm blew in while we were gathering. The temperature dropped and it was much more enjoyable.

The proud Buller-Donley family.

I'm visualing "whirled peas", how 'bout you?

Erica gave up the baby long enough for a few people to hold him...but not many!



Grandma B. seemed to have a good time and enjoyed holding the baby, but was a bit confused as to who exactly the baby belonged to.

The clouds were fantastic!

Adam was the focus of attention for new grandma Pauline.

What would a gathering be without food? Yummy smoked pork, great salads, and apple, cherry or strawberry pies made to order.

"So when are you going to get started?" We called Anthony on the cell phone and sent him a picture that looked a bit like this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for providing family pictures for the rest of us to feel homesick and left out of family activities! We're hoping to come out again in late fall, since Jason may not get to take any time off over Christmas - still too low on the totem pole to get his pick of vacation days during the holidays!