Monday, August 28, 2006

She put de lime in the coconut....


Oh, what a wild weekend full of stories! I've got lots and lots to say, but I'm sure I'll leave something out. First of all, this last weekend was the most restful time I've had in months. If I wanted to sleep, I slept, if I wanted to read, I read, if I wanted to talk, I spoke, but if I didn't want to do anything, I just didn't! :) What a concept! Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and can't wait to repeat the experience.

This post will be a collection of memories, not necessarily in any order...I'll make sure to include lots of pics though! This last weekend, the Buller cousins (and assorted other family members...among them adopted cousin Whitney) gathered at the reservoir for a weekend of camping in the RV. As the clouds rolled over Marion County, the cousins gathered. After several trips back to Marion to shop for food, gather ice, and other forgotten items (among which were about 10 cans of Pringles) we were finally all in one place. As the wind picked up, we discovered that we were without the most important ingredient--dum, dum, dum.........limes for the Corona. Anthony and Brian quickly hopped into a vehicle and headed to town, yet again. They ended up conning some poor guy at Sonic out of a whole cup of limes, at the cheap price of $9. We were set for the rest of the weekend.



We were in storm warnings for all of Friday evening, and so we all crowded into the RV. There was plenty of room for everyone (6 adults, a baby, and doggie Thor), and I'm sure we could have invited many more people. We would have had to stuff them into the bathroom and the freezer, but I'm sure they would have fit somehow. We entertained each other with stories and catching up on each other's lives, but mostly Whitney's escapades kept us laughing.


During the days we spent time playing Skipbo, great games of our Buller cousin favorite-Elephant Dominoes (I'm sure Tim will be disappointed to have missed the game), cuddling baby Adam, and Whitney and I spent several hours on the reservoir jet skiing. I have fallen in love with the jetski this weekend. It was very hard for me to leave it behind after Sunday. Carmen and B-ryan--we need to camp again soon! Whitney was kind enough to be my jetski instructor this weekend. We spent many hours laughing, and trying to actually get on the jetski! We had some serious problems with getting it to work correctly, and at one point were stuck in the middle of the reservoir trying to swim it back to Hillsboro cove. Thankfully we got it working again, but not until after we had spent at least 30 min. trying to swim/pull/kick it back to safety (and not making much progress). Anyway, even after all of that, I am able to say that I love the speed (although maybe not the sore muscles) that go with jetskiing.

Adam took a little nip off the bottle before getting back to the camp site (j/k!), it put him right to sleep, with plenty left over for the drunken watermelon.

Saturday evening we all gathered (cousins, aunts, uncles, and Thor) to share Hillsboro sausage sandwiches, Grannie's mustard, great salads and sides, and lots of laughter. Adam finally gave up trying to stay awake and buried his head to go to sleep.

It was wonderful to see everyone again, and to spend some needed time at the reservoir. Anyone ready to go next weekend?

No comments: