Monday, August 07, 2006

Home again, home again, Jiggedy Jig

I left this morning right after breakfast, driving off the farm at exactly 9:07 a.m. The drive went well. I drove through several patches of rain, and it was cloudy most of the way, but I welcomed that as I knew that it would be very hot once I reached KS. Even KS wasn't as bad as I thought it might have been, so that is a blessing. I drove into Hesston at about 3, so I made very good time.
I unloaded the good farm milk, and also the corn and quickly got them into the refrigerator and freezer. I also started a load of laundry which should be done soon. My cat Manje greeted me, and I was surprised at how big she looked. I guess I'm just used to the tiny kittens on the farm (or maybe Mom and Dad spoiled her while I was away). She hasn't shown any signs that she's happy to see me, but I guess that's just part of her normal temperament.
I'll be heading back to Marion tomorrow morning. I've got plenty to unpack and put away. Plus, I think I might make an Ostkaka, or maybe some fresh cheese since I have farm milk. I should really go over and work on my classroom, but I don't feel like it. I want to put it off for just one more day! I do need to talk to the principal and see if I need to do some interviews. I have at least 2 positions that I need to fill before school starts, that's exactly one week from now.

No comments: