Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Looking forward to the end of the week

Yup, it's only Tuesday, and I'm already looking forward to the end of this week and the beginning of next. I might even say that I'm looking forward to Monday, which will really tell you how my week is going!

I should say that I had an excellent weekend, spending time with my cousin Carmen, her new son Adam, and our friend Whitney. Whitney makes a mean blueberry martini, and we had lots of fun searching the internet for possible gift items! :)

This week at school we have Children's Book week. Each day the kids are able to dress in a different way, much like a high school's spirit week. Yesterday was sweats day, today is hat day, tomorrow is PJ day, Thursday Crazy Color day, and Friday is fish day (school shirts). I'm just excited that I can be wearing comfortable clothes for most of the week!

Last night was my one "off" evening before the week really gets started. I relaxed by going to yoga and trying to get some of my house cleaned up. This week is Symphony concert week, so I'm going to be burning a lot of gas between Marion and Wichita this week. Tonight, Thursday, and Friday are rehearsals with the orchestra and conductor. Sat. and Sun. are concerts. This last week is what we wait for all season, but it is a lot of work right at the end! It makes such a difference with having the concert conductor! Much more enjoyable!

Wednesday I won't be driving to Wichita, but my voice won't have much of a chance to recover. I have Vespers practice in the evening to prepare for the Presbytarian church's December Vespers practice. Since I've missed several rehearsals already, I feel that I need to be there. My Sunday night my voice is going to be trashed!

To add to my stress this week, I'm having some problems with one of the individuals who works for me. I'm going to have to talk with her today about what is going on, and set some goals and a timeline for improvement. I hate this part of my job! I don't like being the "mean" boss. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention the excellent salmon!