Monday, October 29, 2007

Looking for little miracles

I was able to spend the last few days with one of my friends from high school, Laura VZ. I had a WONDERFUL time, and I'm so glad that I went down to Dallas. We had had PT conferences during the evenings last week, and were rewarded with a day off on Friday. I was able to leave Marion and head south after my last conference on Thursday, arriving at 11:30 or so that evening.

For Laura, our days were filled with "normal" activities--nothing special, merely commonplace! :) But for me, it was much, much more. Beautiful, warm sun-filled days; the opportunity to sleep in in the mornings; the large, furry cat that slept on my pillow and licked my face all night; shopping opportunities; art museums; a KU game; fantastic restaurants and leftovers (yummy fajitas!); and above all, time spent with a wonderful friend! The smiles and stories exchanged meant a lot to me. I truly had a great time this weekend--3 days filled with so many small miracles!

Thank you Laura!

"Earth's crammed with heaven, and every common bush afire with God." --Elizabeth Barrett Browning

No comments: