Thursday, October 11, 2007

School stressors

This semester I am taking anatomy and physiology/pathology for massage through Butler. It is my second semester (the course requires 2 sem. of this) but I'm afraid it is not going any better than last semester. The instructor spends absolutely no time during class explaining anything, instead reading from notes in a monotone, and not really covering items and thoroughly explaining them. I'm sure I'll pass the class, but I'm worried that I won't be able to pass my massage exam to be nationally certified. Much of the information I'll need to know for that exam are things that I should be being taught in this class.

I happened across this last night, and thought that it shares what at times this semester I've truly felt! I'm not getting much from the lectures, so if anyone wants to help me out (Karissa, and Kat--any suggestions?) before I have a nervous breakdown, it would be much appreciated!

23rd Psalm for Students


The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not flunk
He keepeth me from lying down when I should be studying
He leadeth me beside the water cooler for a study break
He restores my faith in study guides
He leads me to better study habits
For my grades' sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of borderline grades
I will not have a nervous breakdown
For thou art with me
My prayers and my friends, they comfort me
Thou givest me the answer in moments of blankness
Thou anointest my head with understanding
My test paper runneth over with questions I recognise.
Surely passing grades and flying colours shall follow me
All the days of my examinations
And I shall not have to dwell in this exam hall forever.

- Author Unknown

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that version of the Psalm! What body systems are you covering now? Does it help you to read the textbook?

Anonymous said...

I would love to! I'm kind of dependent on other people to drive me places, though, so we'll be in touch. You still live in Marion, right? Oh, and is your area code 620?