Friday, April 13, 2007

Letting Go

Okay, I'll admit it. I struggle to let go, and let God take over in my life. I've written about it before, and it is something that I am constantly dealing with. At times, my life feels like a wrestling match--selfish me vs. the me who lets God decide. Selfish me struggles to solve a problem, or reach a goal, but never seems to get a good handle on the situation, or achieve the standard to which I aspire. It is at that point that I petition God, when I've realized the limits of my own strength and abilities.


All I can do is my personal best, and then trust that the Lord will do the rest for me. Surrendering to that trust frees me from having to run the world (or at least my version of it), and allows God the room to do His work. Instead, I should try to do my part with His guidance and then I'll most likely discover that God has a much better plan than my own.


It is hard for me to trust in God's plan when I don't see the results that I expect. Since my professional life is a world which is driven by data and measured outcomes, I figure that my personal life should follow the same rules. Instead, I need to remind myself of the conversations that have occurred between God and myself, and TRUST that what He has promised for me will come, although it will be on HIS timeline, and not my own. Very difficult!


The One who called you
is completely dependable.
If he said it,
he'll do it!
1 Thessalonians 5:24
THE MESSAGE

No comments: