Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Grrrrr!

It never ceases to amaze me how inconsiderate some people are! Tomorrow I was supposed to have a dr. appointment with Dr. Alseudi again, a one month checkup. Over the course of the month on the new meds, my headaches have been worse than they have been in a long time. I'm upset about that, but now I'm also upset with him and his office. The last time I went he was late and made me wait for over an hour without even telling me what was going on. Well, today his office called to remind me of my 2:00 appointment. I told them, "yes, I remember, I'll make sure to be there at 2:00"...well, actually we need you to change your appt. to 11:20. That's the latest appt. we have. GRRRRRR! I've had this appt. for over a month, I've had to make arrangements to cover my classroom while I'm gone, and there is no way that I can come earlier than when my first appointment is! His office got really upset with me on the phone, explaining that there weren't enough appointments to keep him around in the office, and that he could be at the hospital instead. Truly nasty with me! I told them that it wasn't my fault he can't get appointments, and that it is inconsiderate for them to not acknowledge that their clients have busy schedules as well. It is impossible for me to rearrange my schedule at the last min., just because they can't be nice enough to their clients to keep them coming back. Anyway, the phone conversation didn't end well between the two of us, with his office saying they would get back with me about whether I could come in at 2:00 or not.

At that point, it was time for me to go back and teach for a bit. I was stewing about it the entire time though, and once I got the kids started on their assignment, I called the office back to cancel my appointment. I got a different person this time, who wanted to know when I would like to reschedule. I said that I wouldn't be rescheduling, as I no longer wanted to have him as my dr. Since she wasn't the one that was nasty, I held back on how I talked with her, but I really wanted to give the office a piece of my mind. Maybe a nasty letter would help? Anyway, I'm just frustrated at this point. I'm going to need to call down to the pharmacy and see how to get off the drugs he prescribed, whether I can just stop, or whether I have to wean myself off.

No comments: