Saturday, January 27, 2007

More YouTube, and a delicious recipe!

So this was actually in an e-mail someone sent me recently, but I couldn't figure out how to link it here so that everyone else could see it. Anyway, I searched YouTube and was able to find a link for you. Thought you'd all enjoy it...it nearly made be cry...Reminded of my own great daddy! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIBro7D50KQ

Now, on to the delicious recipe I promised! Found this on one of the food blogs I occasionally visit, and have decided it is my new favorite! It is sooooo easy for packed lunches or quick suppers!

Chickpea Salad with Lemon and Parmesan
1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
a pinch salt
1/4 cup loosely packed shredded Parmigiano Reggiano

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and stir gently to mix. Taste, and adjust seasoning as necessary. Serve immediately, or chill, covered until serving.

Note: This salad keeps well in the fridge and is in my (humble) opinion, best eaten cold.

Other variations: Instead of parmesan, try some sharp and salty greek Feta, some flat-leaf parsley, cubed cucumber, bell pepper and a black olive or two or some herbs de provence and some marinated artichoke hearts or red onion, olives and a little cumin or zest of the lemon used, cracked black pepper, feta cheese, diced black olives and GARLIC :)

No comments: