Tuesday, October 10, 2006

End of fall

This morning brought the cooler weather, and drizzle that come with the end of fall and beginning of winter. The last couple of weeks have been a wonderful break between the heat and humidity that defines Kansas summers, and the unpredictable weather that comes with winter. I've enjoyed watching the leaves turn brilliant colors from day to day, and have made many trips on my walks past "my" tree at our former South Cedar street home. The bright yellow colors in the tree bring happy memories of tree climbing when I was a little girl. The crunch, crunch of leaves under foot also remind me of the many leaf raking family day's at Grandma's. Fall is the best time of year!

Mom, Dad, and I spent the evening on Sunday out at the reservoir, for what will most likely be the last picnic of the year. Dad grilled some fantastic hamburgers, and Mom made some yummy salads. I had found some concord grapes on my shopping expedition on Sat. and shared those. They tasted exactly how I remembered from when I was a little girl stealing them off of the vines in the backyard, or snitching them out of the refrigerator when mom wasn't looking. Cool, crisp, and so sweet.

Last night I went to my first yoga class. It was wonderful! Carolann McFarland is offering classes every Monday evening for 8 weeks. Each hour-long session is $5.00, everyone is welcome. Bring a mat or blanket to use and wear comfortable clothes. Carolann is the massage therapy instructor from Butler, and also goes to the Presbyterian church with me. It was good to see her, as I hadn't really seen her since my classes got canceled.

No comments: