Sunday, October 22, 2006

Another fall weekend

The weather here in Kansas can't decide whether to be freezing cold, or nice and warm. Yesterday (Sat.), Dad and I froze our butts off at the Tabor homecoming game. We won, but since I don't really understand FB it doesn't mean anything to me. Someone will have to explain it to me sometime, until then though, FB games are purely social events. Since the weather was bad though, I didn't see as many college friends as I had expected. Mom went and hit all the hot Hillsboro shopping spots...Alco and Dollar General...and then spent the afternoon holed up in the car. After the game, they took me out to supper in McPherson--good Mexican food, something I don't get a chance to eat much in the small town of Marion.






This morning was church--sang in the choir and had a solo. Then taught toddler Sunday School, since the regular teacher, Debbie, was on a trip this weekend. Tonight was the church hayrack ride, and Denise's girls wanted to go. Denise had made other plans for today with her mom, so the girls stayed with me after church and until abou 7:30. We ate lunch together and watched a few movies. I introduced them to "The Point"--trying to brainwash them early! ;) They loved it. At 4:30 we were at the church, trying to claim the "best" seats on the hayrack--the back ones, so that you can go backwards everywhere. Whatever makes them happy.... We drove through town, and out into the country before coming back to Case's house for a hotdog roast. The girls had a great time collecting small shells and things, playing in the deer feed, and getting dirty. Pretty sure Denise will be unhappy with me...the girls were filthy by the time she picked them up. Oh well...that's what being a kid is about.

No comments: