Sunday, January 13, 2008

Back in the Swing of Things

It's been awhile since I've had a chance to sit down and write anything. In the time I've been away, I've had a chance to spend time with my sister, brother-in-law, and my dear nephew, Gustav; I've helped cut pigs; I've hosted a "girl's night" for my coworkers, and numerous other things that just aren't important enough to share! :)



I was blessed to be able to spend time in Germany with Heidi, Tim and Gustav (and yes, you may call him Gus!). We spent most of the time together in their apartment, just being able to share in each other's company. Small trips to the grocery store, and neighborhood restaurants were welcome field trips, with a chance for Gus to try out his new, fancy stroller. It was so hard to leave them and return to KS...at least I know that I'll be able to see them soon! I love them all so much! I'll share some pics, since I know that you are all waiting with baited breath.















Please continue to keep Tim, Heidi and Gustav in your prayers. Heidi is back in the hospital, and seems to baffle all the drs. she comes into contact with, with a condition that none of them have ever seen before. Tomorrow they are supposed to decide whether they will need to do additional surgery for this condition.



I also go back to the dr. tomorrow for a checkup on my thyroid and to see whether there have been any changes. We'll see what he has to say!

No comments: