Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Did You Know 2.0


My school year has already begun, and with it came the inservices. Last Friday was the Special Education inservice, and on Monday and today were USD 408 inservices. While my job as a teacher can be overwhelming when I think of all the academic things that need to be taught to prepare my children for state testing, etc..., it becomes more upsetting when I think of all the technological things I also need to cram in in order to prepare my kids. I think we all paused a bit after being shown this video, and wondered whether we are up to the task. I feel that I am ahead of most, if not almost all, of my fellow teachers when it comes to technology, but when I think of how far my kids have to come, I get scared! How can I ever prepare them for ALL of what they need to know!?!

No comments: