Thursday, July 05, 2007

Making a date with friends

Okay, I admit it! Sometimes I take life too seriously. I know, I know, it's a surprise to all of you! :)

There have been some instances of late that have made life seem more like an uphill climb, fighting all the way, instead of the playful romp I'd much prefer. I decided to do something about it today though, and spent the afternoon with Julie and Quinn out at the lake on the dock and enjoying the boat. I had so much fun this afternoon, I think I'll repeat the experience tomorrow as well!

Relaxing with friends puts problems into perspective. Friends are there for you through tears and laughter, troubles and triumphs. Friends make life worthwhile, ensuring that love and laughter are a part of your week.

Laughter can relieve tension, soothe the pain of disappointment, and strengthen the spirit for the formidable tasks that always lie ahead. --Dwight D. Eisenhower

No comments: