Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Great News!



Summer, or what I've had of it so far, has been busy. Our family had a wonderful, wet trip to Indianapolis. Upon re-entry in Marion, the week was busy rushing around catching up and preparing for Becca's beautiful wedding this last weekend.






Our garden is bountiful, and rewarding us with an enormous amount of produce. We've got lettuce, spinach and cilantro coming out of our ears--a good problem to have, if you ask me! We've harvested all of our cauliflower by now, and I have put some in the freezer for later. Our broccoli plants are doing really well too. We've got little jalapenos, bell peppers and tomatoes putting on. Our bean rows are nice and straight, our cucumbers are spreading out their winding tentacles, the onions are slowly growing bigger, and the potatoes are flowering and bushy. I think we'll be blessed with more than enough--plenty to can, freeze and share with others.






I've canned some salsa verde already. I cut part of the cilantro plants out (it barely made a dent in it!), and added jalapenos, tomatillos, garlic, onions, lime juice, and a few pablano peppers. It's a beautiful green color, and can burn your skin off! I accidentally splashed some in my left eye, I thought I was going to have to go to the ER! Thankfully I was able to wash out the eye with cool water and plenty of tears.





My good news for the day is that I've officially now been invited to join the massage clinic here in town. As early as next week I can move in and start setting up a client base. Yippee! I need to figure out how I want to advertise, and how I'm going to go about all of this... I want to at least make enough to cover the rent for the room I'll be occupying, and not be "out" of any money at the end of the month! If you have any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them! Of course, I'd welcome any of you to be my clients! ;)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would be your client in a heartbeat if I could! You are awesome!